Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chicken Tarna Calories

Climbing hydrangea

Last Sunday, at 23:00, while watching "Zero Tolerance", I sent a message via twitter: "I seek the longest straight Valpo. Please nominate your favorite with lots of steps. "


In seconds, the networks lit. A couple of nominations came for "Cienfuegos", linking the Plaza Serrano Eleuterio Ramírez. Replied: "I know there's a myth that is longer, but I do not. How many steps, please? Let's see. "

Nobody knew. It did not matter. The thing had been entertaining. Outside, rain poured. In cyberspace, locals from Sweden, Temuco, Antofagasta nominating your stairs and spoiled: The Rise Pasteur, the Santa Margarita, San José del Cerro Larraín, the Pantheon Harrington. On the latter replied: "Do you remember a scene from 'Amnesia' Jung Julio Justiniano up there? Memorable. What a wonderful place. "

Maria Fernanda lives in Santiago but studied design at the Port. Offered: "As a student rose and Carampangue lot Cienfuegos. Carampangue is longer. " Another nominated Cabritería. But still there was no official figures. At 1:15 am I fell asleep.
woke
Monday and checked. He had a lot of messages on a platter. "Cienfuegos is 166, Carampangue 194." A group of students from the UFSTM wanted to know: Is it worth the stairs of our university? After an exchange, for and against, I replied, "UFSTM Valpo is important assets. Vale. "Students, happy, reported:" So we have 210 steps. We are winning. "

But their joy did not last long. Half an hour later, the Pasteur was confirmed in 212.

On Tuesday there was a message from a reporter from The Third and two messages from a couple of electronic journals. "Todd, we knew we are organizing a contest of stairs, can we do a story? "Amazing this twitter.

Wednesday dawned with new leader: "El Teniente Bello." Party in the street and up Lastra Butterflies. It's fantastic. And, moreover, has 230 steps confirmed.

Estivales Victor, a graduate in literature from the PUCV who are studying a Degree in Santiago, I said: "The staircase that joins George Washington with Ibsen has more than 300." Does your problem? "The only person who can confirm is my sister, but is about to become a man."

burned another controversy Thursday. Do the steps have to be continuous? The decision encouraged to take breaks ex - resident of Cerro Las Cañas. "Staircase of Death"-which the locals call that which is adjacent to the elevator dropped. "I'm sure it has at least 400 steps," he wrote. "I need you to confirm me, friend," I replied. "I can not. I am studying in the South. "He sent a picture from Google Earth. "Trap" said another.

occurs to me that those who pontificate the death of the Port, one and over again, unaware of an important detail: the passion of its people. The challenge? Know judicial examination. Critics say to me, "Uphill, gringo." It does not same. The living force of Valpo lives climbing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment