Sunday, April 4, 2010

Woman Strangling Puppy

Tertulia He missed the coffee ravioli

Thursday afternoon in a crowded supermarket Buenos Aires. I begin my journey in fruit and vegetable section. I intend to select a kiwi breakfast the next day when I wake up on the beach. Suddenly I catch, sideways, a silhouette of a man known meticulously deciphering the virtues of endive: Don Andres Caceres, director of literature at the Faculty of Humanities UPLA. "How about Todd? All right? It's good to know I'm not the only man charged of housework "he jokes.


A few aisles later, I find a pesto sauce to prepare my favorite vinaigrette. There, in front of the green olives, a gentleman greets me with his wife and son with Wanderers shirt. "We miss his column last Sunday," he says. "My lady, no, I say. Later, I'm going to run into Don Andre. I wonder how many times we'll say hello before reaching the hall of bread and cheese.

In the pasta aisle, I greet another woman, tiny, powerful. "My name is Laura", is presented. "I can steal you a couple of minutes? I do not think you have another chance. "

" Make ", I say.

"Pedro Montt street in a working-the same old sewers that are hardly anywhere," and are working with a precarious impressive. The building work was about to fall even before the earthquake. So now, go figure. At any time, be absolutely abandoned to their fate. "

Laura occurs to me that I have assumed that any interference in these matters. I contemplate whether it is worthwhile or not to break his illusion: in my house fishing nobody, not even my cat.

Just at this time, passes in front of us the principal Sernatur regional. After kissing "the Chilean" on the cheeks for the authority moves forward pushing his car while Laura continued their gathering in front of the ravioli as if nothing happened.

"Edwards on the street is a ramshackle building," she says, "On the third floor has a beautiful marble angels. They are absolutely thrown away. No one does anything. "

" Mr. Temkin My point is this: you always write about how nice. It does very well. I have cut their number of columns. But I think you need to write about something bad in Valparaiso. "

I promised to write something nasty soon I could. And I said goodbye, once again topándome Andrés alongside the wines.

In fact, there are terrible things in the Pancho, I thought, as I hid, hoping nobody saw me in the chips aisle. I was there to get my new vice-a brand of Mexican nachos are flavored with chili and lime. I caught "in flagrante" Sernatur director.

Thursday afternoon in a crowded supermarket Buenos Aires. Marble and dressmakers. Kiwifruit and endive. Hallway conversations. Transcendental experiences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment