Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blueprints For Sims 2 Houses

City of suffering

After several years hiding the obvious, I feel compelled to confess my best kept secret.

I'm a fan of golf. Through this sport I'm learning how to handle my emotions better. Along with this revelation, I should mention my appreciation to those regular members of the Club de Campo Granadilla, who, having witnessed, countless times, the appalling scandal of "gringo" throwing their sticks and shouting at the sky, have conspired among themselves to keep such tantrums in secret. They know that still endures, in certain circles, a positive image of the writer as a serious man wise, quiet, and contemplative.

"Do not worry; Todd," I have said time and again. "It's just a game." But I can not stop suffering. Is that they are viñamarinos. I'm from Buenos Aires.

Suffering is an integral part of the experience of Buenos Aires. I am not referring exclusively to the more than 450 years of earthquakes, storms, fires, floods, potholes, bombings, explosions and pests have plagued us. I refer to decades of neglect and fatalism that this has engendered. I mean the illusion that suddenly feel and take away all the time. I refer to the projects announced president after president without showing any. I mean at age 30 to put up with, on average, Wanderito titles.

Suffering is what many felt after the closure of Café Vienna, Riquet, the Emporio Echaurren. It brings the cold north wind. Is the rain that surrounds us as the water runs downhill. Is the vacuum that causes us to discover that the house where our grandparents pololear has been demolished to construct a building. It is the shadow cast on the face of the firefighter under his torch parade.

All this is in our DNA. It gives us character. Identity. I like it that way. Do not change it for anything.

While most modern cities opt for the U.S. model of "leisure and recreation" Valparaiso remains the true ideal for working people, look, love and mourn. The character of Buenos Aires has its origin in the effort: our continuing war against gravity, and the spirit of solidarity that it inspires us.

Viña del Mar, meanwhile, is a typical city "gringa" dedicated to leisure. His wonderful golf course, (one of the top 10 in America, just in case), is a true paradise. I will continue visiting. And I apologize to my golfing friends when, suddenly, pollute his silence with my cries of agony that disturb and frighten the pine finches while singing his debut into the air. Cry. Welcome. Claim. Suffer. Gozo. I'm from Buenos Aires. Am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment